April 1, 2015 Update

I decided to hold off on the detail until I can get some more parts from BrinkLink so I figured I will give the coloring on the tender a shot.

This is my first attempt at doing the yellow/dark blue curve.  It turned out okay, but it is by no means the final version.  I used 1×2 jumper plates to make the curve more gradual, but then it left me with 1/2 stud gaps which I couldn’t figure out how to fill.

My original plan was to use cheese slopes snotted in to give me a smooth curve.  However, the pieces that I need to attach them do not exist in dark blue.  There are only headlight bricks and no bricks that have a stud(s) on the side.  There are not even any brackets in dark blue that will work.

I have a couple more ideas that I am going to try, but at least I got it started.  from a distance it doesn’t look too bad, but up close, ouch!  Plus I am lacking in dark blue bricks which is the reason for all of the black at the front.

013bc120ceb2af2a2c7a6e0311574bb770d8dba993 017af2a2800206b780cb24344326db029736505f58 013421708a9bb3f223a1a108df3a8be2b79e2a4d13

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s